I recently participated in the UOC/IN3 Communication & Civil Society seminar ‘Cultura digital, redes y política distribuida en la era de Internet. De la Primavera Global a la Net Democracy‘, presenting some of the results of the 15Mdata research group. I presented some measures characterizing self-organization processes in social networks behind some of the events promoted by the 15M movement in Spain. We used 1/f noise and multifractality analysis tools used in psychological experiments to characterize the ‘collective mind’ behind these processes.
- 1/f noise 15m 15Mdata Adaptive Behavior Alife art autonomy Cognitive Systems Criticality ECAL embodiment evolutionary robotics Ezequiel di Paolo HKB model homeostasis ignacio morer Interaction dynamics Metastability Miguel Aguilera neurodynamic signature oscillatory dynamics perceptual crossing phd defense phd dissertation pink noise Proyecto fin de carrera proyecto fin de master Ricard Solé robot Self-Organization sensorimotor loop Seth Bullock situated hkb situatedness social interaction social network analysis Social Networks social organization Stafford Beer Synaptic Plasticity Talks Technopolitics Tecnopolítica Twitter Ultrastability
- Extended Neural Metastability in an Embodied Model of Sensorimotor Coupling
- PhD thesis defence – Interaction Dynamics and Autonomy in Cognitive Systems
- Multitudinous identities: a qualitative and network analysis of the 15M collective identity
- Self-Organized Criticality, Plasticity and Sensorimotor Coupling. Explorations with a Neurorobotic Model in a Behavioural Preference Task
- Quantifying long-range correlations and 1/f patterns in a minimal experiment of social interaction